Brad Gouthro, a fitness expert, has posted on his website about a 28 day lemon water challenge that he completed, and the benefits that drinking lemon water has on people. Some benefits include:
1. Helps Liver Eliminate Toxins and Waste Products: the liver has various roles in the body including detoxification, protein synthesis, and production of bio chemicals to aid in proper digestion. Lemon water increases the livers detoxifying enzymes and helps the liver carry out these functions more efficiently.
2. Lemon Water is Alkalizing: the body functions best in a more alkaline state andcancer cells tend to breed in an acidic body. Unfortunately due to the foods most people eat, the things they expose their skin to, and the environment they live in, most people’s body’s are very acidic. Lemons are very alkalizing to the body and blood (although lemons are actually an acidic fruit).
3. Rich Source of Vitamins and Minerals: rich in vitamin C (anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, & helps immune system), vitamin B (energy production), riboflavin (tissue repair, growth, & development) and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium (these minerals all help build strong bones & teeth).
4. Terrific for Skin Care: Lemon water can act as an anti-aging remedy by removing wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your skin. Your skin can’t look healthy if your body is holding onto toxins.
5. Good for Weight Loss: Lemon water can help burn fat faster. When the liver is full of toxins it can’t metabolize fats as efficiently.
To read more about Brad’s challenge, click here.